JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing support for investigating and prosecuting anti-doping rule violations, for testing results management, contract negotiation and drafting, compliance and employment related issues.
· Assist with the evaluation and adjudication process involving anti-doping rule violations, both for cases involving positive prohibited substance test results and violations where test results are not at issue
· Provide support in decision making regarding testing strategy and testing resource allocation, sample documentation review, and the investigation of potential anti-doping rule violations
· Assist in the preparation and prosecution of anti-doping rule violation matters going to arbitration and those resolved outside of arbitration
· Become proficient and knowledgeable regarding all aspects of anti-doping rules, standards, procedures, protocols and best practices and assist with USADA’s compliance
· Assist with the development, maintenance, and review of USADA protocols and procedures
· Assist all USADA departments with legal matters, including conducting research and contract drafting and review
· Interact with USOPC Athlete Ombudsman, defense counsel, USADA clients, and stakeholders
· Uphold USADA’s mission, standards, and best practices at all times with integrity and in a collegial fashion
· Assist the Legal Affairs Director and the General Counsel as requested to accomplish projects and manage operations within USADA’s Legal Department, including providing leadership and direction for staff, developing frameworks for programs and processes, aiding staff members in task prioritizing and developing job specific goals and objectives, and maintaining quality management and consistent compliance with anti-doping rules and best practices
· Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
· Preferred two - five years legal experience with a law firm or serving as legal counsel for an entity
· Preferred three (3) years successful work experience with staff management, supervision, and process creation
· Ability and willingness to become a member of the Colorado Bar
The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) is recognized as the national anti-doping organization for Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American and Parapan American sport in the United States. The recognition tasks USADA with drug-testing and results management responsibilities for these athletes, however USADA is equally dedicated to preserving the integrity of sport through research initiatives and educational programs that inspire a commitment to true sport in the next generation of athletes.
Internationally, USADA is at the forefront of the anti-doping movement, considered the gold standard in many areas of anti-doping program management. In addition, our employees are held to the same high standards exhibited by athletes who fully embrace true sport: Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Responsibility, and Courage.
Employees at USADA hold positions in areas including: sport testing, elite-athlete education, drug reference resources, science & research, legal affairs, outreach education (TrueSport), communications, business affairs & finance, and information technology. USADA additionally employs approximately 50 doping control officers stationed throughout the country responsible for collecti...ng athletes’ samples.
USADA’s office is located near the Rocky Mountain foothills of northwest Colorado Springs, Colorado, a city that is home to the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee and numerous Olympic and Paralympic sport national governing bodies.