The Attorney Recruiting Coordinator is an integral part our Firm-wide recruiting program, including Summer Associate recruiting as well as lateral hiring.
· Report to the Manager of Attorney Recruiting, and work closely with the legal recruiting team and Hiring Partners on the entire recruitment process from initial interview through ultimate hiring.
Participate in review of candidates and help coordinate on-campus interviewing as well as callback interviews.
· Work with legal recruiting team to develop, plan, and assist with Firm-wide Summer Program.
· Help execute the New York Summer Program in coordination with team as well as Hiring Partners, local Recruiting Committee members, and attorneys. This includes coordinating trainings; planning, executing, and attending events; helping manage work assignments and mentoring relationships; and assisting with reviews and extension of offers.
· Market and help recruit for lateral candidates, with a specific emphasis on New York, including gaining an understanding of the needs, prompting internal referrals, and working with recruiting agencies.
· Work in internal databases and prepare candidate correspondence.
· Partner with other Firm functions, including Professional Development, Practice Management, Innovation and Value, and Human Resources Operations, and develop and maintain relationships with legal placement firms.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum of 1-2 years of attorney recruiting experience, or comparable law firm experience.
· Experience with viDesktop a plus.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Superior written and oral communication skills.
· Strong technical and computer skills: Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel required.
· Client service oriented: Can effectively interface with attorneys at all levels, law school administrators, legal recruiters, and staff. Highly responsive.
· Team player: Works collaboratively and collegially, and thrives in a team-oriented environment.
· Strong organizational/detail skills: Accurate, precise, and follows up regularly and appropriately.
· Able to prioritize workload and multi-task.
· Works well under pressure.
· Motivated and proactive: Takes initiative. Eager to take ownership.
· Able to plan ahead, push projects forward, meet deadlines, and stay on top of follow through.
· Strong work ethic.
· Respects the confidentiality of personal and sensitive information.
· Ability to work additional/flexible hours as needed, on evenings and weekends outside of normal working hours.
· Active listening skills.
· Ability to sit for long periods of time and handle light lifting.
Blank Rome is an Am Law 100 firm with 14 offices and 600 attorneys and principals who provide comprehensive legal and advocacy services to clients operating in the United States and around the world. Our professionals have built a reputation for their leading knowledge and experience across a spectrum of industries, and are recognized for their commitment to pro bono work in their communities. Since our inception in 1946, Blank Rome’s culture has been dedicated to providing top-level service to all of our clients, and has been rooted in the strength of our diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Blank Rome is exceptionally proud to have been recognized with top-10 national rankings for both its summer program and its midlevel associate experience:
SUMMER PROGRAM: Our success is a reflection of both our dedicated recruiting committee and the commitment of our attorneys who provide Summer Associates with meaningful work opportunities, including attending client meetings and closings, along with significant professional and social interaction. Our program provides a rewarding and realistic
introduction to the practice of law at Blank Rome. Summer Associates have the opportunity to... select challenging assignments from all of our Firm’s practice groups. Attorneys designated as Summer Program Co-Chairs ensure that all Summer Associates receive constant, meaningful feedback. Throughout the summer, our Firm offers extensive developmental and training programs. Each Summer Associate is assigned an Associate and Partner mentor, who each serve as an invaluable resource for helping navigate the transition from law student to lawyer, answering questions regarding assignments, and integrating into our Firm.
ASSOCIATES: Blank Rome is committed to the success of its Associates, providing them the resources needed to excel and the opportunities to develop professionally. Each of our Firm’s Departments has an executive team supporting all Associates (and Of Counsel and Partners) in managing their practices, marketing and business development initiatives, and professional
goals. Blank Rome supports its Associates (and all lawyers) through a collaborative, problem solving-oriented approach that solicits input from each lawyer as to his/her needs, and develops the programs and initiatives responsive to those needs. Through robust feedback, self-assessment tools, and developmental frameworks, the Firm works in conjunction with Associates to define what success looks like for them as an individual – across various skills areas – at each stage of their careers. To help each Associate achieve a successful outcome, Blank Rome has a fully-developed talent management initiative – including training and skills development (through the large-scale and small-scale training programs offered through Blank Rome University); advising and mentoring; staffing and work opportunities; diversity and inclusion; feedback and performance management; and career progression.
All of our Associates receive guidance and support throughout their careers at Blank Rome. All Associates are paired with an Associate Mentor, who is charged with integrating the Associates into our Firm as well as their designated offices and practice groups. Associates also help select Partners or Of Counsel – at each developmental stage – to serve as their Career Development Advisors (“CDAs”). Our CDAs focus on sponsorship and on partnering with each of our Associates in identifying progress to date, short-term and long-term career goals, and, especially, on how they can the CDA scan proactively help their Associates achieve those goals. As Associates advance in their careers, they graduate from one CDA to the next, thereby enabling targeted advice and continually expanding their networks of support and guidance.
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS: Blank Rome Government Relations LLC (“BRGR”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Blank
Rome LLP that is headquartered in Washington, D.C., is comprised of legal, lobbying, and strategic communications
professionals who manage virtually every aspect of a governmental issue facing a client. BRGR provides sophisticated,
creative counsel and advice to protect and enhance our clients’ interests, and has successfully represented clients leading public, private, and nonprofit enterprises in an array of sectors including energy, technology, maritime and shipping, government contracting, natural resources, transportation and infrastructure, and Native American concerns. The group develops client teams with diverse government and public affairs skills that strategically address the issues our clients face. In times of dramatic change, companies need government relations representatives who can interpret new directions being taken while advocating effectively in front of the new administration, on the Hill with both Houses, and with all leadership on both sides of the aisle.