Manages—and assists other attorneys in managing—complex litigation, including product liability, class action, and general commercial litigation (e.g., contracts, protests, arbitrations, etc.). Serves as legal liaison and advisor to business team clients on data privacy and security matters. Oversees staff attorney responsible for warranty and lemon law litigation. Provides general assistance and support in additional areas as needed.
- Manages—and assists other attorneys in managing—complex litigation and protests, including development of general legal strategy; oversight and coordination of written and deposition discovery; review, edit, and approval of motion filings; oversight of expert discovery and testing; attending arbitrations, mediations, and trials; and overseeing outside counsel, including review and approval of bills.
- Serves as legal liaison on data privacy and security matters, reporting to more senior attorney with primary responsibility for such matters, including review and revision of company policies and procedures; assistance with incident response; review and revision of proposed contract provisions related to data privacy and security; and coordination and management of outside counsel.
- Oversees staff attorney responsible for warranty and lemon law litigation to help ensure consistent strategy and appropriate resolution of claims.
- Works with other members of the legal team to review and revise discovery procedures, particularly related to eDiscovery.
- Counsels business teams on litigation risks and opportunities for mitigation.
- Develops and provides in-house training to business team clients.
- Assists with compliance efforts, including compliance with applicable federal and state laws and regulations as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Assists with the development and performance of other attorneys and support staff.
Juris Doctorate from ABA-accredited law school and admission to bar of at least one state (successful applicant admitted outside of New Jersey will need to obtain NJ in-house counsel license);
Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving, analytical, organizational and negotiating skills with demonstrated ability to achieve results;
Ability to learn quickly and adapt well to change;
Excellent business judgment, agility, and ability to employ strategic thinking; and
Ability to work on a team, with excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative mindset, and the ability to provide cross-functional support.
JD + 8-12 years of relevant legal experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
Subaru of America, Inc., with corporate headquarters in Camden, NJ, is an easy commute from just about anywhere in the greater Philadelphia region. Only 3 miles from Philadelphia and minutes away from several major highways, our beautiful campus is convenient to get to from any direction.
At Subaru, you will encounter an industry leader whose values encourage innovation, quality, and individuality. You’ll find an outstanding variety of career opportunities available at Subaru as well as a commitment to training and career building that will make your career an exciting adventure.
In fact, we’ve been winning awards for our efforts to create a supportive and productive work environment — including winning four in one year. Check out our awards and discover Subaru’s uniquely satisfying work environment.
We invite you to explore the terrain of our employment site. Find out who we are, encounter the wide range of career opportunities at Subaru and meet some of the people behind the wheel. We’re glad you’ve chosen to explore the Subaru experience.
At Subaru, we strive to create an inclusive environment by bringing together employees with diverse backgrounds, talents, perspect...ives, and experiences. Attracting and hiring a diverse workforce is essential for us to support a growing and dynamic retail and customer base.